SSC focuses on investing in established companies with sustainable competitive advantages. The Firm seeks to back strong management teams that will benefit from the team’s operating and M&A capabilities. SSC’s flexible investment mandate allows the Firm to invest significant capital in its portfolio companies in order to drive organic growth and fund acquisitions.
SSC approaches transactions as a “solution provider.” The following qualities make SSC a preferred partner:
- Engaged decision-makers who help maximize efficiency
- Flexible capital and deal structures that provide high certainty to close
- Deep industry expertise to help support management teams operationally and strategically
SSC is a control / buy-out private investment firm within the lower-middle market. Our team and advisors have significant experience and interest in the Diversified Industrials sector. When evaluating a company, we look for the following criteria:
The SSC WaySM
The SSC WaySM integrates operational engagement with M&A throughout the entire investment process.
- SSC’s operational and M&A resources are engaged from the onset of each potential transaction, throughout portfolio transformation, to realization
- SSC Operating Principals or Operating Partners are consistently onsite at our portfolio companies implementing the SSC WaySM
- Over time, the SSC WaySM is implemented in each corporate function for all of SSC’s portfolio companies
- This process allows for SSC and its partners to drive significant operational improvements in each investment